Writing, Running, Being.

The finish line is a shifty Thing and what is life, but reckoning?
Ani DiFranco

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

B to the Log

Yesterday I took Jonas to the Stratton Open Space to walk. It has been raining a lot lately so there were lots of mud puddles for him to run through and jump in. He fell a few times and then cracked up. He couldn't get enough of those puddles! He started a running game where he would run several yards ahead of me and then stop and say "Mommy's turn!" Then I would run to him and pass him and he would yell "Jonas turn" and run ahead of me. This went on for about 1/2 mile. It was really fun. I might have a little cross-country runner on my hands!




Muddy Jonas

I have been running on the treadmill during Jonas' naps. This saddens me because I live in beautiful Colorado Springs, where one should always be outside! But my weekday runs are getting longer; too long for an almost-two-year-old to have to endure everyday. AND it's been raining everyday right as I get off work, which is when I run. That is so frustrating! Why can't it rain while I'm AT work and clear up at 3:00? I'm thankful that I have the treadmill, though. It gets the job done. At the end of the day, I am just happy to have gotten my miles in. Today I did 9.  

I hope to keep this blog going throughout my marathon training. It started out as an arty/poetry type thing, but it may turn into a workout log. Ha!

No comments: